Rhythm: Steady beat; rhythm; ta ta ta-di ta; ta-di ta-di ta-di ta; 2/4
Comparatives: loud/quiet; fast/slow; high/low
Game Type: Counting out
Grade: Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st
Loud / Quiet:
- Play game using a loud or quiet voice. When a student is "out" he or she goes to a hand drum and plays along either loudly or quietly.
- Teacher plays hand drum either loudly or quietly. Students aurally identify and play the game as the teacher directed with the drum.
High / Low:
- Pretend the bee is buzzing through the air (speak high). Pretend the bee has landed on a flower (speak low).
- Lean a barred instrument upon a chair so the high end is facing up. One student may play the rhyme with high or low pitches while the rest of the class speaks.
Fast / Slow:
- Point to bee icons that are close together (fast) or far apart (slow).