Tone Set: m s l
Scale: mi tritonic
Rhythm: beat; rhythm; ta-di ta-di ta-di ta; ta-di ta-di ta ta; 2/4
Melody: s l s m
Comparatives: loud / quiet; fast / slow; high / low
* Note: Some teachers sing "bonny Bobby Shafto" instead of "pretty Bobby Shafto".
Loud / Quiet
- Use a loud voice when Bobby Shafto's ship is across the ocean. Use a quiet singing voice when his ship is close by.
- Students listen to T sing the song either loudly or quietly. Students identify whether Bobby Shafto is close or far away.
High / Low
- Bobby Shafto's ship is floating on a high wave or low wave. Students sing while looking at visual representation.
Fast / Slow
- Bobby Shafto's ship is moving fast or slow across the ocean. Sing how his ship moves.
- Move around the room as the teacher sings the song fast or slow.